tuition and support
SE Professional Training Tuition and Fees
United States Trainings by SEI
|Beginning I, II, III
|$1080 per module
|$1030 per module
|Intermediate I, II, III
|$1080 per module
|$1030 per module
|Advanced I and II
|$1525 per module
|$1475 per module
|$9530 for all modules
International training fees vary by location and can be found by contacting each country’s training organizer.
- Travel: Some trainings are online and others are in-person. Advanced trainings are almost always in-person. Travel expenses, room and board, and any mandatory retreat center fees are not included in tuition. Students who travel to the US to take classes are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel visas and documents.
- Personal Sessions & Case Consultations: Students wishing to receive the SE Practitioner (SEP) certificate must also receive 12 hours of personal SE sessions and 18 credit hours of case consultation with approved providers. See the Graduation Requirements for more information. Fees for these credited sessions are set by individual providers and paid directly to the provider. Download and read the detailed policy.
Participants must be accepted into the program and receive their unique attendee link to register and pay. Use your unique attendee link provided in your acceptance or invitation email to register. You are not considered registered until payment is collected. If payment has not been received within 5 days, the current payment plan will be invalidated and registration will be revoked.
We offer two options for tuition payments:
- Credit/Debit Card: Payments can be made in full using your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card.
- Payment Plan: All payment plans are four months and begin the day of your first installment. Click ‘Pay Later’ when registering through your unique attendee link. A one-time $100 administrative fee is charged for each module put on a payment plan. You may have a maximum of two active payment schedules at any given time. The missed payment plan fee is $25.
If you still have questions, please reach out to our registration team via our contact page for more information on group rates. We offer a 10% discount to groups of five or more in some situations.
The Winter 2024 application cycle has ended and as of February 6th, applications are now closed. The next opportunity to apply will be in Summer 2024 for a second and final application cycle this calendar year (specific dates TBA)
Please read the below information thoroughly and be sure to refer to the FAQ’s at the bottom of this page for detailed information about the scholarship program and application process.
- For a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions regarding scholarships, refer to this link, also found under FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS at the bottom of this page.
- Scholarships will be available biannually.
- Applications will be open for 4 weeks in the winter of 2024, and again in the summer of 2024 (specific dates TBD).
- At this time, SEI's scholarships are only available for students attending US-based trainings (either online or in-person). You do not need to reside in the US to attend a US-based training. For information about international trainings, please visit: https://traumahealing.org/international-orgs/ to find your local organizers and reach out to them regarding scholarship opportunities.
- Scholarships can only be awarded to individuals who have already been accepted into the Somatic Experiencing Professional Training Program. If you have not yet applied, your first step is to thoroughly review the application requirements and apply through our website at: https://traumahealing.org/prospective-students/.
SCHOLARSHIP TIMELINE: 2024 WINTER CYCLE:
- January 8th, 2024: SEI will begin accepting scholarship applications through the link on this website, found at https://traumahealing.org/tuition-and-support/ under the “Scholarships” tab.
- January 8th – February 5th, 2024: Students may submit their scholarship applications.
- February 6th: The scholarship application closes (It will reopen in the summer for the second and final time of 2024. Dates TBD.)
- February 27th: All applicants will receive a determination letter by this date.
Scholarships At A Glance:
Black, Indigenous, People of Color Scholarship
A scholarship for individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color, with the goal of increasing diversity in healing professions and advancing trauma-informed care strategies to remedy racialized and generational trauma.
A scholarship for individuals who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community, with the goal of increasing diversity in healing professions and advancing trauma-informed care for individuals who have faced discrimination or trauma related to their sexuality or gender identity.
A scholarship for individuals who identify as neurodivergent and/or disabled and/or live with chronic health conditions, with the goal of increasing diversity in healing professions and advancing trauma-informed care for individuals with accessibility needs and experiences with ableism.
Special Circumstances Scholarship
A scholarship for individuals experiencing significant financial hardship or life circumstances that would prevent them from registering for SE training.
A scholarship for individuals dedicated to giving back to communities with untapped potential for healing and advancing the field of embodied, trauma-informed care at the conclusion of their training experience. Recipients of this scholarship are dedicated public servants who are using SE skills to make a difference in communities around the world, who provide low-cost or free sessions to clients, or who are using their SE training to inform research in trauma-informed care, Somatic Experiencing therapy, or trauma as a whole.
Note: Applicants to the Service Scholarship are required to submit a Letter of Recommendation from a trusted mentor, colleague, or client. If you are applying as a nonprofit professional or educator, you will also be asked to submit proof of employment.
Applying for a Scholarship:
To apply, you will need:
- Your approximate yearly income (in US dollars)
- The dates of your chosen training cohort (NOTE: You must be accepted into the 8-module professional training program before you can be awarded a scholarship)
- SEI’s new scholarship program has been recently expanded to meet the needs of more students seeking SE training at affordable rates through discounts on tuition to United States-based trainings. Awards come in the form of partial tuition coverage, which is applied to the student’s account pre-registration. All scholarship awards are valid for five years following the award date. After that point, applicants will need to submit a new application. Scholarships are not retroactively applied to completed registrations. Apply for the SE Professional Training Program here).
- A short letter (1 page) detailing why you should receive this scholarship and the amount of assistance you are requesting. This letter should also address how you intend to use the skills you will gain from your SEI training in your future work.
- A letter of recommendation from a client, colleague, or mentor (required for Service Scholarship applications, optional for all other applications).
- Service Scholarship Only: If you are applying as a nonprofit professional, or you work in an educational institution, proof of employment.
What Happens Next:
At the close of each scholarship cycle, SEI’s Scholarship Review Committee will review your scholarship application and notify you of any award. If your scholarship application is not accepted, you will be eligible to apply again in the next application cycle. If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will receive a personalized discount code that must be applied during registration to reflect your scholarship award.
SEI has a limited number of scholarships available to award, and not every qualified applicant will receive a scholarship. If your scholarship application is not accepted, you are welcome to apply in the next application cycle. Thank you for your understanding!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Help Make SE Accessible for All
A gift to SEI's scholarship funds can impact the communities you care about in profound ways.
Your gift, regardless of the amount, creates a global network of connection primed for discoveries, moments of inspiration, and resonance for healing on a global scale.