tuition and support
SE Professional Training Tuition and Fees
United States and Canada (Advanced Only) Trainings by SEI
|Regular Registration||Early Registration|
|Beginning I, II, III||$1080 per module||$1030 per module|
|Intermediate I, II, III||$1080 per module||$1030 per module|
|Advanced I and II||$1525 per module||$1475 per module|
|Total||$9530 for all modules|
International training fees vary by location and can be found by contacting each country’s training organizer.
- Travel: Some trainings are online and others are in-person. Advanced trainings are almost always in-person. Travel expenses, room and board, and any mandatory retreat center fees are not included in tuition. Students who travel to the US to take classes are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel visas and documents.
- Personal Sessions & Case Consultations: Students wishing to receive the SE Practitioner (SEP) certificate must also receive 12 hours of personal SE sessions and 18 credit hours of case consultation with approved providers. See the Graduation Requirements for more information. Fees for these credited sessions are set by individual providers and paid directly to the provider. Download and read the detailed policy.
Participants must be accepted into the program and receive their unique attendee link to register and pay. Use your unique attendee link provided in your acceptance or invitation email to register. You are not considered registered until payment is collected. If payment has not been received within 5 days, the current payment plan will be invalidated and registration will be revoked.
We offer two options for tuition payments:
- Credit/Debit Card: Payments can be made in full using your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card.
- Payment Plan: All payment plans are seven months and begin the day of your first installment. Click ‘Pay Later’ when registering through your unique attendee link. A one-time $100 administrative fee is charged for each module put on a payment plan. You may have up to three payment plans running at the same time. The missed payment plan fee is $25.
Please reach out to our registration team at email@example.com to inquire about group payments. We offer a 10% discount to groups of five or more in some situations.
We’re thrilled to announce that our new scholarship application is now live!
SEI’s new scholarship program has been recently expanded to meet the needs of more students seeking SE training at affordable rates through discounts on tuition to United States-based trainings. Awards come in the form of partial tuition coverage, which is applied to the student’s account pre-registration.
All scholarship awards are valid for one year following the award date. After that point, applicants will need to submit a new application.
New Scholarships At A Glance
Black, Indigenous, People of Color Scholarship
A scholarship for individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color, with the goal of increasing diversity in healing professions and advancing trauma-informed care strategies to remedy racialized and generational trauma.
A scholarship for individuals who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community, with the goal of increasing diversity in healing professions and advancing trauma-informed care for individuals who have faced discrimination or trauma related to their sexuality or gender identity.
A scholarship for individuals who identify as neurodivergent and/or disabled and/or live with chronic health conditions, with the goal of increasing diversity in healing professions and advancing trauma-informed care for individuals with accessibility needs and experiences with ableism.
Special Circumstances Scholarship
A scholarship for individuals experiencing significant financial hardship or life circumstances that would prevent them from registering for SE training.
A scholarship for individuals dedicated to giving back to communities with untapped potential for healing and advancing the field of embodied, trauma-informed care at the conclusion of their training experience. Recipients of this scholarship are dedicated public servants who are using SE skills to make a difference in communities around the world, who provide low-cost or free sessions to clients, or who are using their SE training to inform research in trauma-informed care, Somatic Experiencing therapy, or trauma as a whole.
Note: Applicants to the Service Scholarship are required to submit a Letter of Recommendation from a trusted mentor, colleague, or client. If you are applying as a nonprofit professional or educator, you will also be asked to submit proof of employment.
Applying for a Scholarship
To apply, you will need:
- Your approximate yearly income (in US dollars)
- The dates of your chosen training cohort (NOTE: you MUST be accepted into the three-year training program before you can be awarded a scholarship. Apply for the SE Professional Training Program here).
- A short letter (1 page) detailing why you should receive this scholarship and the amount of assistance you are requesting. This letter should also address how you intend to use the skills you will gain from your SEI training in your future work.
- A letter of recommendation from a client, colleague, or mentor (required for Service Scholarship applications, optional for all other applications).
- Service Scholarship Only: If you are applying as a nonprofit professional or you work in an educational institution, proof of employment
What Happens Next
SEI’s Scholarship Review Committee will review your scholarship application and notify you of any award in approximately 4-6 weeks. If your scholarship application is not accepted, you will be eligible to apply again to the same fund 3 months following your initial application date.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will receive a personalized discount code that must be applied during registration to reflect your scholarship award. If you have already registered for your upcoming training and receive a scholarship award, Registration will be in touch to apply a credit to your account to be used towards future trainings or a refund for the amount of your scholarship.
SEI has a limited number of scholarships available to award each quarter. If your application is received after the cap for your chosen fund has been met for the quarter, your application will be held for consideration in the next quarter. Thank you for your understanding!
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for more information!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please click here to view the Scholarship Program FAQs. If you would like to view a PDF of the Registration and Payment FAQs, please click here. If you still have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for payment questions and email@example.com for scholarship questions. If you have already sent an email, please allow one – two business days for a response before emailing again!
Help Make SE Accessible for All
A gift to SEI's scholarship funds can impact the communities you care about in profound ways.
Your gift, regardless of the amount, creates a global network of connection primed for discoveries, moments of inspiration, and resonance for healing on a global scale.
The Tri-State Black, Indigenous, People of Color Scholarship
In 2022, SEPs Cheryl Qamar and Doree Lipson created their own regional scholarship fund for students who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color living in the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, CT). Through a grassroots fundraising effort, they have raised over $10,000 so far for their cause and are awarding their first full scholarship this spring!
Learn more and give to the Tri-State Black, Indigenous, People of Color Scholarship!