SE™ International is pleased to offer the following Continuing Education credits for full attendance in each live training module constituting in the USA.
To obtain your Continuing Education Credits:
- Students must attend all course hours to receive CE credit. Please note that SE International is unable to award partial Continuing Education credits. Students will ONLY receive CEs for live training modules that they have attended all hours of live online or in-person.
- For support with seeking partial credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CE credit is offered for live trainings only. No CE credit is awarded at this time for Video modules, webcasts, or other remote study options.
- CE offering is currently based on the Agenda for each individual module. CE offering may vary between 10-36 CEs depending on the course hours scheduled in a module’s Agenda.
- Coordinators are responsible for tracking attendance for online modules. Participants should keep cameras on as much as possible for attendance tracking.
- NOTE – make sure you check the CEs you are requesting on your post-training evaluation. If you are attending an in-person module, please also mark your CE selection on the Sign-in sheet.
- The certificate will be sent after you have completed your post-training evaluation.
- You will have two weeks to complete your Evaluation from the date it is sent. If you are in immediate need of your certificate, or have any reservation on completing the evaluation, please email: Evaluations@traumahealing.org for your CE certificate.
- The certificate you receive is sufficient proof of your CEs for most organizations.
- For NCBTMB – NY residents, you will receive a certificate directly from their office.
- For NCBTMB – non-NY residents, the Certificate you receive from the evaluation is sufficient.
- For NCCAOM, you will receive a separate certificate via email no more than 90 days after the training.
- State Boards may have different requirements or only honor partial credit hours. It is the responsibility of the licensee to check with individual boards to verify CE requirements.
Assistants requesting Continuing Education Credits: You are responsible for verifying with your licensing board whether or not they will accept multiple submissions of the same module for Continuing Education credit (i.e., If you have submitted CEs for a Beginning I module as a participant of the trainings and then resubmit a Beginning I module as an Assistant of the training, it is up to your licensing board if they will grant and honor these as new Continuing Education credits).
ASWB ACE individual course approval offered for some courses. Check the CE Tab of the Event Summary of individual modules for ASWB ACE coverage. Find states and provinces that accept ACE here: States and provinces that accept ACE – Association of Social Work Boards (aswb.org)
Licensed New Jersey Social Workers:
Association of Social Work Boards’ Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program
Somatic Experiencing® International will apply to the Association of Social Work Boards’ Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program for each module held in the state of New Jersey. Approval is not guaranteed per module. Always check individual module websites for approval status.
Licensed Oklahoma Social Workers:
Association of Social Work Boards’ Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program
Somatic Experiencing® International will apply to the Association of Social Work Boards’ Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program for each module held in the state of Oklahoma. Approval is not guaranteed per module. Always check individual module websites for approval status.
Please note that Licensees are responsible for determining state board requirements for the number of CE hours each state allows. Please contact your state board if you have concerns about CE credit.
BBS – California Board of Behavioral Sciences
PLEASE NOTE: As of July 15, 2015, the California Board of Behavioral Sciences will no longer support a direct Continuing Education program. Instead, BBS Licensees will need to obtain their Continuing Education Credits through another CE provider. Licensees are responsible for finding and verifying a CE Provider is approved by an approval agency accepted by the BBS. The following organizations are recognized by the Board as approval agencies for CE Providers accepted by the BBS. Check the CE Tab of the Event Summary of individual modules for coverage by one of these boards
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
For more information about this change, go to California Board of Behavioral Sciences
NAADAC – Association for Addictions Professionals
Somatic Experiencing® International is an Approved Education Provider for NAADAC – approved provider number 170378. Visit their website for more information on national and state organizations accepting credits.
NBCC – National Board for Certified Counselors
Somatic Experiencing® International is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Approved Provider # 5980.
NCBTMB – National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
Somatic Experiencing® International is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and is also sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMTs continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal. Approved Provider # 450113-06. (Special certificates will be emailed to students after each class for LMTs licensed in the state of New York.)
UPDATE – As of June 1, 2019, Assistants and Faculty may not receive Continuing Education credits from this board.
NCCAOM – National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Somatic Experiencing® International is approved to provide Professional Development Activity (PDA) points in the Adjunctive Therapy (AT) category for Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine practitioners. Approved Provider # 364. (Special certificates will be emailed to students requesting PDAs after each class.)
MT BBH – Montana Board of Behavioral Health
As of March 30, 2019, the board no longer pre-approves continuing education (CE) courses or sponsors. Licensees are responsible for taking courses which directly relate to their scopes of practice as defined in statute and rule. Licensees are responsible for selecting quality program. This means pre-approved course lists are no longer posted to the board website and course approval forms have been removed.
New York State Licenses
Licensed Mental Health Counselors in New York State
Somatic Experiencing® International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Licensed Mental health Counselors as an approved provider of continuing education for Licensed Mental Health Counselors Provider #MHC-0111 from September 30, 2023.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists of New York State
Somatic Experiencing® International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists. #MFT-0058.
Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
Somatic Experiencing® International will apply to the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for each module held in the state of Ohio. Approval will be pending and not guaranteed per module. Always check individual module websites for approval status.
Somatic Experiencing® International will not apply for any modules outside of Ohio to be covered by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FAQ
Is it possible to get CMEs (Continuing Medical Education) for any SE Programs?
Although many medical professionals have been through our trainings and found the skills to be of great benefit to their professional practice, at this time, our programs do not currently meet the qualifications for CME credit.
I had to miss part of a class, can I still get CE credit?
As per our provider agreements with partner organizations, we are only allowed to provide CE credit for FULL in-person attendance at a training module. Each module or workshop is approved for a certain number of course hours and we cannot award partial credit. Participants must attend all hours in person to receive credit. No credit will be awarded for partial attendance or for those who make up missed hours by video.
Can I get CE credit for taking a module by video?
At this time, we are not authorized to offer CEs for video modules.
I lost one of my CE certificates. How can I get a replacement?
Please email us to request a replacement certificate for a class you have attended. Please include the training level, dates and location of the class you need a certificate for. The certificate will be emailed to you.
Can I get CE credit for a non-US class?
SE™ International only awards CE credit for trainings we directly administer. Non-US classes are administered by independent international SE organizers. Your country’s organizer must be approved as a CE provider for you to receive CE credit for a non-US class.