The SE Trauma Institute is pleased to offer Continuing Education credit for full attendance in each of the eight live training modules constituting our SE Professional Training in the USA.
To Obtain Your Continuing Education Credits:
- All CEs listed below are offered for SE Professional Training modules in US. A limited variety of CEs may be offered for other workshops and trainings as indicated on our training schedule.
- Students must attend all course hours to receive CE credit. Partial credit is not awarded.
- CE credit is offered for live trainings only. No CE credit is awarded at this time for DVD modules, webcasts, or other remote study options.
- VERY IMPORTANT – On the daily sign-in sheet, make sure you check which CEs you want to earn.
- Make sure you also check the CEs you want to earn on your evaluation form at the end of the training.
- You will receive a hard copy of a certificate of completion at the end of your training. Be sure you pick this certificate up before you leave the training. You will be required to hand in the evaluation before getting your certificate. Most organizations on this list accept this certificate as proof of your CEs. For organizations that do not accept this certificate, IF YOU HAVE INDICATED WHICH CEs you want to earn on the sign-in form, you will receive another certificate via e-mail within 120 days after the training ends.
ANCC – American Nurses Credentialing Center
As an American Psychological Association approved provider Commonwealth Educational Seminars programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa. Commonwealth Educational Seminars is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
APA – American Psychological Association
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is approved by the American Psychological Association to cosponsor Continuing Education for Psychologists. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for these programs.
ASWB – Association of Social Work Boards
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES), provider #1117 is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for these programs. ASWB Approval period: 10/15/15-10/15/18. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
Some states do not require pre-approval. If your state is not on the below list, please check with your state board.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars can grant Social Work CEs in the following states:
Al, AK, Alberta, AR, AZ, British Columbia, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, New Brunswick, NE, NH, Newfoundland & Labrador, NM, NC, ND, Nova Scotia, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, Saskatchewan, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, Virgin Islands, VI, VT, WA, WI and WY.
Please contact your state board if you have concerns about CE credit. All Social Workers attending programs that have been awarded Social Work Continuing Education from CES will receive a Certificate upon completion.
BBS – California Board of Behavioral Sciences
The Somatic Experiencing Professional Training meets the qualifications to provide continuing education for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Approved Provider # PCE-4760.
As of July 15, 2015, the California Board of Behavioral Sciences will no longer support a direct Continuing Education program. Instead, BBS Licensees will need to obtain their Continuing Education Credits through another professional association. Associations accepted by the BBS include:
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
For more information about this change, go to California Board of Behavioral Sciences
NAADAC – Association for Addictions Professionals
The Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute is an Approved Education Provider for NAADAC – approved provider number 146313. Visit their website for more information on national and state organizations accepting credits.
NBCC – National Board for Certified Counselors
The Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Approved Provider # 5980.
NCBTMB – National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
The Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and is also sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMTs continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal. Approved Provider # 450113-06. (Special certificates will be emailed to students after each class for LMTs licensed in the state of New York.)
NCCAOM – National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
The Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute is approved to provide Professional Development Activity (PDA) points in the Adjunctive Therapy (AT) category for Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine practitioners. Approved Provider # 364. (Special certificates will be emailed to students requesting PDAs after each class.)
Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to grant continuing education credit for LPCs/LCMHCs in the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for this program.