The SE Trauma Institute is pleased to offer Continuing Education credit for full attendance in each of the eight live training modules constituting our SE Professional Training in the USA.
To Obtain Your Continuing Education Credits:
- All CEs listed below are offered for SE Professional Training modules in US. A limited variety of CEs may be offered for other workshops and trainings as indicated on our training schedule.
- Students must attend all course hours to receive CE credit. Partial credit is not awarded.
- CE credit is offered for live trainings only. No CE credit is awarded at this time for DVD modules, webcasts, or other remote study options.
- VERY IMPORTANT – On the daily sign-in sheet, make sure you check which CEs you want to earn.
- Make sure you also check the CEs you want to earn on your evaluation form at the end of the training.
- You will receive a hard copy of a certificate of completion at the end of your training. Be sure you pick this certificate up before you leave the training. You will be required to hand in the evaluation before getting your certificate. Most organizations on this list accept this certificate as proof of your CEs. For organizations that do not accept this certificate, IF YOU HAVE INDICATED WHICH CEs you want to earn on the sign-in form, you will receive another certificate via e-mail within 120 days after the training ends.
ANCC – American Nurses Credentialing Center
As an American Psychological Association approved provider Commonwealth Educational Seminars programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa. Commonwealth Educational Seminars is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
APA – American Psychological Association
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is approved by the American Psychological Association to cosponsor Continuing Education for Psychologists. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for these programs.
Social Worker CEs
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES), provider #1117 is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for these programs. ASWB Approval period: 10/5/15-10/5/18. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
Some states do not require pre-approval. If your state is not on the below list, please check with your state board.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars can grant Social Work CEs in the following states:
Al, AK, Alberta, AR, AZ, British Columbia, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, New Brunswick, NE, NH, Newfoundland & Labrador, NM, NC, ND, Nova Scotia, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, Saskatchewan, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, Virgin Islands, VI, VT, WA, WI and WY.
After October 5, 2018, Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to grant Social Work CEs for all of the following reasons. 1. CES is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA). 2. CES programs meet the rules and regulations per-state, of requirements for continuing education offerings. 3. Many states accept CEs for Social Workers because of approved provider status in any state. CES is recognized by the NYS Education Department’s State Board of Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed Social Workers. #SW-0444.
After October 5, 2018, Commonwealth Educational Seminars is entitled to award Social Work CEs in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.
Please note that Licensees are responsible for determining state board requirements for the number of CE hours each state allows.
Please contact your state board if you have concerns about CE credit. All Social Workers attending programs that have been awarded Social Work Continuing Education from CES will receive a Certificate upon completion.